Unreal Tournament 2004 Team Competition Guidelines
CTRL Byte and RGU eSports will be hosting an Unreal Tournament 2004 Team Competition for RGU students and staff members. The guidelines for the competition are provided here:
The tournament will consist of two rounds, the qualifiers and the finals. The qualifiers will take place on the 5th of March 2012, at 17:00 in lab C27/28 in the St. Andrew’s Street building (and Thursday, the 8th of March, if enough teams) and will consist of pool play. All the teams will be split into groups and each team will face every other team in their group. Depending on the number of groups and teams, the top teams from each group will qualify for the finals. The finals will take place on the 12th of March 2012 at 17:00 in the same lab and will consist of an elimination tournament with prizes for first and second placed teams.
Teams are of 5 players who are either RGU staff or students.
Registration closes on Thursday, 1st of March, 2012 at 17:00. We will not accept any entrants after this deadline.
Please email email@example.com giving your name. We may add individuals to incomplete teams or create another team if possible.
Each team must email firstname.lastname@example.org giving the names of its members and a team name. Please choose appropriate teams names.
The entry fee is £2/person (or £10/team) and it will be collected before the draw. All the entry fees, plus an additional amount of money provided by CTRL Byte and RGU eSports, will be used for prizes – the more teams, the better the prizes!
The draw will take place on Friday, the 2nd of March 2012, at 12:30 in room C37 in the St. Andrew’s Street building. A representative from each team, together will all the individuals registered without a team, should attend the draw. Individuals will be drawn into teams and the teams will be split into groups. The complete draw will be uploaded online.
Each match between two teams will be a Best-Of-3. The first round will be a Capture the Flag round, the second a Team Death match. If a decider is needed, the final match will be a Double Domination. However, if it is not required (one of the teams leads with 2-0 after the first two rounds), then the final round will not be played. The map to be played in each round will be decided at random before the start of the round.
Team Death Match
Capture The Flag
- Teams must not leave their station until the score has been agreed with an official. If a team leaves their station before the score is agreed then they will lose that game.
- No Bad Manners. All players have one chance, if they commit a second offence then they will be disqualified from the tournament and the team will play a member down.
- No Cheating – The whole team will be instantly disqualified from the tournament.
- Do not distract other teams.
- If a team does not show up after 10 minutes of a game scheduled to start, then their opponents will be awarded a 2-0 win.
Rule Breaking Dispute Process
Each team has one strike if they want to accuse another player of rule breaking. A player from the accusing team must flag the attention of an official and they will tell the teams to pause the current game. The official will then deal with the situation. If the person is found to be breaking the rules then the punishments (see Rules) will apply. If the person is cleared then the accusing team will lose their strike. If they accuse for a second unsuccessful time, they will be disqualified from the tournament.
Please do not accuse another team of rule breaking unless you are 100% sure.
Players may bring their own Mice and Keyboard as long as they are Plug in and Play and do not require additional software to be installed in order to use. Bringing your own mouse pad is also recommended.
System Crash Process
One Person disconnects:
- If a player is disconnected from the game due to a technical fault, the officials will attempt to suspend the game and resume it once the player has reconnected. If a player disconnects through choice, no further action will be taken and the team will play one man down.
Multiple people crash:
- If a technical fault occurs and multiple players are disconnected with the first 5 minutes of a game, the game will be reset. If this occurs after the 5 minutes mark, the game will be suspended and resumed once all the players have successfully reconnected, while the score reached so far will be kept.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
May the best team win!
CTRL Byte and RGU eSports